Plantar warts grow on the soles of the foot or on their side. This specific type of warts is more annoying and painful than others, such as flat warts, due to the area where it develops. Since planter warts creates a lot of discomfort, many people look for a quick and effective way to remove them.
Before taking a look to some of the most common methods used to get rid of plantar warts, it is very important you’ll understand first what causes them.
What causes plantar warts?
As all type of warts, plantar warts are caused by the Human Papillomavirus (HPV). There are more than 100 different types of HPV virus. Experts in the field have identified in the HPV type 1 the main cause for plantar warts. The virus is generally transmitted through direct skin contact between two people. However, it is possible sometimes to be infected through indirect contact. This will happen if you touch or get in contact with a surface or a object that has been previously touched by an infected person.
You should know that plantar warts are highly contagious and spread very quickly. Places like showers or swimming pools are often a breeding ground for this type of wart. If you start developing warts on the feet, to avoid infecting other people you should take the right precautions, such as wearing flip-flops when using any type of public showers. Also, wash carefully your hands if you accidentally touch your warts. This will prevent from spreading the virus on other area of your body.
Signs and symptoms of plantar warts
Below, you can find some of the signs and symptoms you may experience before the manifestation of a plantar wart:
- Pain on your foot and a sense of a raised bump or a little stone inside the shoe, especially when walking.
- Pain on your legs or on your back. This is generally due to the bad posture you will have because of the pain on the foot.
- Dry skin and an irregular rough surface are the most common characteristics of this type of wart. While some may be flatter, the majority commonly protrude above the surface of the skin.
Treatments and cures for plantar warts
Although at the moment doctors have not found a definite cure for the HPV virus, there are some treatments that can help to remove plantar warts. The most recommended by pharmacists are gels, creams or lotions which has to be applied on the wart. These products present three main problems:
- The removal method is impractical: The intent of these medicine is to penetrate inside the skin and eradicate the wart from its roots. However, these types of medicine cannot reach that far in the skin.
- The treatment is definitely very long: the cure has to be carried out for a long period of time and can last several months.
- A complete healing and a definitive solution to the problem is not guaranteed.
Another possibility is to undergo medical procedures which are capable of removing plantar warts in a faster and more direct way. Here below you can find a detail description of the main procedures:
- Laser treatment – A concentrated beam of light is direct on the infected tissues and the warts is removed from the skin by burning it. Laser treatments are costly and painful. The common side effects are bleeding and skin color changes.
- Cryosurgery – This technique allows to freeze the wart with the use of liquid nitrogen and destroy it. The procedure is very painful and it requires more than one treatment to remove the wart.
- Excision – With this technique the warts are cut off from the skin with the use of a surgical knife. The procedure is quite brutal but effective.
- Electrocautery – With this technique a heated medical probe is uses to burn the wart and destroy all the infected tissue. As you may predict this procedure is very painful and it is normally use when others have failed.
Medical procedures can be a temporary solution to your problem and but they are expensive and in most of the cases vey painful. Before you decide to undergo one of this procedure you should also know that they DO NOT guarantee to solve your problem. This is because they are only going to remove your warts and leave the virus which has caused them still inside your body. This means that after all your investments and sacrifices, the HPV is going to develop warts again in just a matter of time.
If You Wish to Learn How to Get Rid of Your Plantar Warts and the HPV Permanently in a Simple Way and Without Painful Treatments